Thread: Day 23 & Step 2
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
thekl0wn
Just a Sober ******* Now

Dee73, that helped A LOT! "...it's not your fault I nearly drank myself to death." It puts things into perspective. I have my little badges to bare as well, and it's now my duty to help others achieve little-to-no badges at all.

Day 27, and I took Step 3 last night. Vowed myself over. The biggest struggle with that statement is that my Star Wars lovin' a** wants to say, "to the dark side"... But we all know what the dark side really is.

I think where the biggest fear comes in was summed up by a guy receiving his 3-year chip last night. Had he not slipped up and mangled himself badly, he would've received his 30-year chip last night. In his little speech he said something that I really related to. "...at year 20, I was still a bad alcoholic, but in recovery. At year 23, I wasn't as bad of an alcoholic, and was nearly recovered. At year 25, I wasn't an alcoholic anymore, and I was fully recovered. To celebrate, I had a drink. The next night, two. Within a month, I was in the hospital and didn't know why I was tied to machines and in pain. Here I stand again, serving my part as a good example of a bad example."

Last Wednesday of the month is chip night. I won't be missing ANY of those! So inspiring!