View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sazzle

Originally Posted by TLOD5904 View Post
I have a little over 6 months of sobriety and I'm now experiencing some wicked mood swings. I react severely inappropriately to things that happen. I just see red and act out. Throw tantrums. I can observe this happening - but I don't stop. I feel angry and justified. Afterwards it makes no sense to me. Has anyone else experienced this kind of reaction?
I'm at 8 months and these feelings of resentment and anger have almost derailed me. Like you I go to meetings but I had missed a few weeks and I hadn't got a sponsor. It annoyed me at first when people asked if I had a sponsor. I was sober. I didn't need to do the 'god' thing and face my wrongs. Anyway I committed to going to a meeting every night and found a fab sponsor who is a little bit 'mother nature/natural' like me and she's taking me through the steps. I know I had to do this as being bitter wasn't good for my soul.

I hope you find a way to work on yourself. As I've discovered, putting down the drink is the easy (!) bit!

I am slowly getting my inner peace and stillness back. Keep looking for clues everywhere in life. The other day I was stopped at the front of a queue of traffic at the traffic lights and the 'no u-turn' sign spoke to me. Lol. There are little reminders everywhere if you look.

Good luck

S x