View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by 1975 View Post
My ex is an 31 yr old admitted alcoholic. He dumped me a month ago - on Mother's Day. We were living together for a year and I cannot believe how crushed I still feel. He had so many good qualities and I thought I would spend the rest of my life with him, but once I started getting sick if his alcoholism I guess he decided to detach from me...Claimed to love me more than anything on the Friday and dumped me on the Sunday and was downright cruel from then on. Although he denies cheating, i found out he was with his ex the night before he dumped me. We have had no contact since I moved out a week after being dumped. I have never had such a hard time getting over a break up. He now hates me because I told his family how he was self destructing. I don't know why this is so hard to get over, my heart is broken.

You will be fine. Sounds like you dodged a bullet by having him break up with you, because he has issues you cant help him with. Now he is gone, and you can move on and maybe find someone better suited for you.