View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
WhiteFeathers

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
I am so happy to be sober on this unbearably hot day. You know I wondered about summertime last winter. I was afraid I would break down and drink something cold. Wasting away in Margaritaville.

Well, I am so happy to be wasting away in Soberville.

I have all kinds of reasons to cry but I don't have time for it because I am too busy feeling happy about being sober.

My hypothyroidism is not responding to my meds.

My son got his girlfriend pregnant. This was not planned.

My refrigerator starting making a loud scary sound today.

I am fighting with my husband, again.

And I am so happy that it has been eight months since I had a drink. I am feeling kind of proud of myself. I have not smoked since the start of March.

I never believed I could do this. I drank every single day. I must admit you guys here got me through it. I never could have done it without you. If I ever see any of you I am going to squeeze the life out of you and cover you with kisses.

It can be done. No one is beyond hope. No one is terminal. All of us can heal.
Congrats to you!!

Preaching to the choir here but...

Your hypothyroidism certainly won't get better with alcohol. Taking care of your health is your best bet.

Your son needs you right now whatever they decide to do. And if they decide to have the baby, then your sobriety will be a major asset to your whole family.

You can get a new refrigerator or fix it. If you were anything like me, I was drinking AT LEAST one $10 bottle of wine a day (and usually more). You can get a new fridge for under $500. That's not even two months worth of booze.

And regarding fighting with your husband, drinking makes it really hard to fix relationships or strengthen yourself to get out of a destructive relationship.

You are an inspiration!