View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

LTD- I think it's fair to say that I would most definitely fall into the category of a never whose back came up and who, just as you did you say when you first came, got offended and defensive at the suggestions by you and several other key members here, that I had much more control over my circumstances than I cared to admit.

Boy was I a victim. It was all AH's fault and I was justified in every reaction and choice I made bc it was all his fault. Yeah right.

I think it's fair to say I was a collosal pain in the you know what to some members here bc I was so adamant that my life w an alcoholic was unique and no one understood it blah blah blah

While I did not appreciate the wisdom you had for me back when I first arrived you have no idea how useful your words were even when I hated to hear them.

You were right. About it all. And I find myself reading newer members posts at times and see my earlier self in them and find myself annoyed at the denial and excuse making and willingness to stay stuck despite clear ways out and I realize that it must have take a great deal of compassion and patience on your part to continue to post to me even when I wasn't willing to listen for quite some time

I appreciate your post here tonight and am so sorry your home is not able to be saved . I know it doesn't help at all w your house but you really should know that there are a handful of members here who I credit w helping get me out of my disastrous life that I willingly stayed in for so long and you absolutely were essential in helping me.

I don't know that I've ever thanked you directly so I wanted to do so.

Thank you