View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hayley86

Hi, welcome this is an amazing place to be you will find nothing but lots of support, help and advice. These forums have been instrumental in me getting sober 8 months ago and i use them daily to keep myself on track. Its great that you recognize that your drinking has become a problem and your reaching out for help. You are being honest with yourself and making a really positive step towards getting sober and healthy by posting on here.

I understand that you say you feel ashamed its common but you shouldn't this is an illness and in order to get better you need to ask for help like everyone else. Being worried about others opinions and feeling too ashamed to ask for help has been the end for many people. I doubt you could say anything on here that people wont have already done themselves or know someone who has. If you can talk to your husband you may find it easier to get help and support and in most cases family members already know about whats going on, he may be waiting for you to ask for support. Have you tried to stop drinking before now?. If you dont feel like you could attend AA meetings because you live in a small town maybe you could look into going to a meeting a little further a field?. If not people have many different methods of support and ways to cope and help them to abstain.

You have definitley come to the right place, there are lots of great people on here who will point you in the right direction and they really know what they are talking about.