Thread: What a life
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by LiveforToday22 View Post
Hey everybody hows it going? I currently cannot sleep and was super bored. I started googling recovery and searching peoples testimonies and came across this site and I figured, why not sign up? Anways ive been sober 9 months now and life is good. Alcohol was my choice but im no stranger to other drugs. Ive been to rehab 5 times, in and out of jail, I have lived on skid row, been to the psych ward, I am 22 years old. I am in the AA program, is that breaking anonymity? Oh well, I am sick of my old life, sick of being a scumbag, sick of destroying myself. Today I can laugh and smile and I now know that lufe is beautiful. Anyways its nice to not be alone anymore. I think im going to come to love this site
That sounds a lot like my story. Psyche wards and suicide attempts coupled with uncontrolled drinking and Valium.

I knew I needed help at 22 but kept going to 45 before crashing. My second life (23-45) was no picnic for me or my family. You are blessed to grab recovery at 22 ... HOLD ON TO IT !!

AA has given me back my life and then made it better, 24 yrs sober coming up next month.

All the best.

Bob R