View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by tired28 View Post
I want to be the person God intended me to be, and live the life that was given to me by God. The REAL LIFE, the SOBER LIFE. I want things to be the way they were meant to be. (if that makes any sense)
That makes perfect sense. That is what keeps me sober. The fact that God has a better plan for me then the one I had for myself.

Originally Posted by tired28 View Post
I never thought about what would happen if nobody went to help others. I just didn't think I would have much to offer somebody else seeing as I only have a week of sobriety under my belt at this time. But I guess we ALL have something to offer.
For me that is one of the many things that made me realize how selfish I had been. I only thought of me and what I wanted/needed. When I went to AA it made me realize the commitment that so many have to the program.

You are correct. We all have something to offer. There could be another single mother out there and maybe it is her day one. You understand her. You can help.

Sometimes we don't have to have all the answers or the solutions. Just having the support of someone that truly understands is a big help.