View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tired28

Working on day 7 today

I am so happy with my progress thus far, but scared at the same time. I was suppost to go to a meeting this week but didn't go because I knew I wouldn't drink that night anyways. I have gone to AA in the past but I didn't feel like it was my cup of tea so much. I only went a few times and have never gone long enough to get a sponser. I was just wondering what sponsers actually do and if u think the chances of someone getting sober with-out AA is possible. I am a single mom of 2 young chidren and for me to get out at night is damn near impossible. My son is 9 and I just don't feel comfortable bringing him with me. And I don't have anyone to babysit ( when I was drinking I did it at home). I have made plans tonight to babysit my friends daughters so I would not have the option to drink. Tomorrow night however is the TEST. Its my cousins stag and my friends 30th birthday. I have planned not to attend either. My friend is complaining that I will be there and making jokes about me getting sober. Even speaking to her yesterday had me questioning ...Well maybe I could just get a six pack and that's it. I know this is a terrible way to think. THAT SCARED ME. I guess Im just feeling like, what if I miss all these things and end up drinking again in a week or two and I just end up looking stupid. I know I can probably do this, but I just worry what will happen when the (high) of being sober so to speak wears off. Or does it....