View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Just typing the name of this thread is enough to bring me to the verge of tears. I was sober for over a year until I made the horrible decision to drink again. As a consequence, my wife of ten years is taking our daughter and leaving me. I guess I mean this as a cautionary tale. I thought I was okay, that my sobriety was secure, and my life was getting better because of being sober. But I slipped once, and kept slipping and after a second DUI, after nearly losing my job, after many a night of adding to the pile of pain that I'd already heaped on my family, the most important thing to me is finally walking out the door.

I've been sober eight days now. It's too little, too late.

--Fenris.
Its never too late!!! Trust is a hard thing to earn back, especially if you have burned the people closest to you more than a few times. It can be done though, and as they say..........actions always speak louder than words. Make a plan, focus on yourself and healing, learn, grow, and then you will be surprised how things tend to fall into place (in a good way). Will they come back? I have no idea, but I do know you will be in a better place and who knows what other amazing things life may have in store for you. All you have to do now is rise to the occasion.