View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ArcticSA

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
We only have one life - we live an average of 78.5 years, 33% of which we spend sleeping. Subtract 10 years on the front-and-back ends of life, which we often spend as dependents, and that gives you just over 32 years of conscious, independent living. How do you want to spend that time? You've probably already used up enough of those years drinking - why not spend the time you have left SOBER? I'd say it might be time to start nourishing your soul with sobriety, fresh air, travel, and new experiences!

So what if you need to tell a few people in order to help get this monkey off your back? Why suffer alone in your struggle? The world won't stop turning if you are honest with others....in fact it's going on without you, right now.

I'm still wet from the swim I took in the Pacific Ocean 10 minutes ago. I'm in a small village in Central America you've never heard of. I'd never, ever, ever have been here if I was still drinking. Join the rest of us and start living the life you truly want for yourself. It's totally worth it!

/sorry if this hijaked your thread in any way, it's just that so many people chose alcohol over LIFE, and sometimes it helps to give an example that sober life is truly awesome.
Ish. That is a scary thing to think...only 32 years. Its a good perspective though. If you only have that long why would you want to be half-conscious? Not even present in your own life?
I used to think and worry, what if Jesus comes back for his second coming to take up the believers and I am trashed out of my mind? "Oh hi Jesus, sorry can you come back tomorrow I am way too drunk to go to heaven right now" A silly thought, but it concerned me.