View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ArcticSA

Angry Slip Bull**** You were all right.

You were all right!!!! UGH! I drank 3 glasses of wine last Sunday!! And the crazy thing was I managed to shut up all my common sense and convince myself it was perfectly OK. I told myself it was OK because of the stress of packing and relocating. I know better! SHAME ON ME.

And I am pretty sure that glass of wine at the restaurant was the gateway, like a lot of people warned.
How does that happen?? No really, where was I? Me? Myself? Because I know better.

And heres what happened, I drank 3 glasses of white zin, my stomach protested after the first glass, I got all buzzy then very tired and went to bed.

But boy oh boy did I feel crappy the next morning.

In my heavy drinking days I would've laughed at the thought of 3 glasses giving me problems, but I have felt so wonderful for the past 4 1/2 months that even feeling a little off was terrible!!!!

An overall ICK sensation, a deep unquenchable thirst, a queasy gut, uneasy mind. I felt my old anxiety bubbling to the surface and I kept trying to stuff it down and I had no energy and just did not feel right.
And all I could think was it really worth it, you IDIOT!???

As of right now, the idea of drinking again absolutely does not appeal to me, because the wretched hangover fresh in my mind.
But what happens if after another couple months I give in to the sneaky devil again?
I have to admit, I am feeling kind of nervous and scared. I thought I had control over this stupidity.