View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ZenMe

My direct experience and that through family and friends who have been a codie or the alcoholic leads me to believe that most cases there should be and ends up being a split. Hopefully sooner than later.

Tuff girl brings up a great point. I would ask you this. Are things truly good? Are you still stressing about where he may be, if he's secretly drinking and if he's drunk will he act inappropriately or hurt himself or someone?

And if you aren't stressing because you have detached are you truly happy? Or do you find yourself wishing he'd do this or go with you there. Show up on time and be dependable?

My gut tells me you use these forums as a way to deal with the pain whenever he negatively affects you. wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to deal with the pain?

We get addicted to the ah because it's like a roller coaster. When things are up they are amazing! When things are down it sucks! They also come back and show short lived remorse.

I've made some assumptions I know. I just think that you need to truly evaluate your current position. You are in the bubble and need outside perspective. Plus if what is mentioned here is true that after being truly sober for a while he will be a different person then you are investing time in a different person... It may not pay off.

If you are truly happy after going for a true heart to heart walk with yourself. Then by all means stay.