Thread: Remind me...
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Remind me...

Some days the stuff xAH spews (rare these days) rolls off my back...

Other days, not so much...

I think I handled the debacle he made of father's day well and still made it an okay day for my girls.

Last night and again this morning D5 told her father he should keep his promises and asked how he'd like it if she let him down (in 5 yr old lingo)... She is REALLY hung up still on the not showing up for breakfast thing and I am not encouraging her remaining upset but am not telling her to just forget it either.

His response of course was to text me immediately after hanging up and tell me that I am a bad mother, that I "should be mitigating their hurt" by telling them that he didn't feel well, was caught in traffic etc...

He is telling me that I found joy in letting them think he blew them off and I should have protected them by telling them something to make it better.

And honestly? I am sitting here today wondering if he is right.

I THINK that what I did was healthy-- I validated their hurt, I let them be upset, then I did something with them myself. I did not make excuses for their dad and they DID know that he just didn't show up not because I said that but because of his actions.

But is xAH right at all? Did I not cover for him in order to punish him? Did I cause the girls more hurt?

I thought I was behaving healthily and felt good about it but am really confused right now.