Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
Well 24 days down the drain,
I went and bought me a 12 pack today and drank 10 of them.Wouldnt even say I was pressured or triggered by anything.I was sitting in my recliner watching tv and was looking outside and thought man what a good day to grill out and drink some beer.After a half hour battle in my head I strapped on my shoes and off to the store I went.
I have been thinking about it for a couple days.I keep having the thoughts of "Can I drink like normal people now?"I think I needed this though.i need to prove to myself I can not drink like normal people.Im upset about this but not greatly upset.I feel this is going to be a stepping stone to my sobriety.I am a bit angry I have to start over on my days though.
I am not drinking tomorrow Inam 100% sure of this,it doesn't even sound good.Well there it is my confession so to speak..any advice for me?
You have a great attitude with looking at it as a needed step. Most people who are in recovery for long periods agree that this is a step everyone takes. I took it, I was sober a few months, and then thought.........."Hey, I can control this now, I obviously did the last few months". I was back where I started in less than a week. Good lesson though, one I think everyone needs to learn the hard way (like most lessons in life unfortunately).