View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
Night and day...

Well, life sent you a clear message, of how it has been like, and the potentials for healthier relationships. How exciting!

On the other hand, what a bad day for your girls / have you considered therapy for them? what a sad situation, if you do not want to see them getting abusive partners in the future, please consider getting them some professional help. (I do not remember if they are already going.)

This is coming from a 31 year old woman who is still sad about being let down by her father and who went through abusive situations in her past.
The girls are in therapy-- I already called their T and left a message explaining what happened and suggested if she had a cancellation they could use to see her sooner... Their T is wonderful. And she has really helped them both be able to speak up and say how they feel (to me and to their father).

Sadly his reaction to them when they state that they are sad or hurt is to get angry and they then are confused. When they express those things to me (bc god knows I am not perfect and I screw up w them plenty) my response is apologetic and compassion and I appreciate them for voicing their feelings. So I think they end up very very very confused a lot. They hear from me and the T that they should share how they feel and what they do deserve in terms of how to be treated... And they get that from me, from the T, from teachers, from friends parents etc.... And then their daddy whom they love is the one person they want care from the most and he reacts insanely.

I will continue to do all that I can for them but I have grave fears that nothing I do will be enough to make up for the hurt and confusion their father causes them and my inability to fix that for them makes me saddest of all.