View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

I so agree with ataloose that you don't read self help books before going to sleep. I don't recommend them first thing in the morning either. Both of those times are sacred to me.
First thing in the morning is ME time. Those first awakened thoughts are so raw and fleeting, and sometimes so insightful and pure.
At night, I would make my bed as inviting as possible. I lived completely alone in a rural area for over a year without even friends nearby, so rural it was so dark that you couldn't see your hand in front of your face at night without a nearly full moon. That bed was sacred. It had beautiful sheets, comforter, as comfy as could be! Make it as inviting as possible.
When I couldn't take the silence I would play a VHS tape. Honestly I watched the beginning of one movie 100 times at least but never saw the ending. I was poor, but I found that garage sales had great books and terrific movies for a quarter on VHS as everyone was switching to DVD. If you don't like it you can watch it once and throw it out, no loss!
Sleep is a time when you get to rejuvenate your body, your life, your soul. It needs to be when you baby yourself the most. It is a safe place for you to rest your weary head and you can trust sleep to take care of the needs of your body and soul. A rest from all that weighs heavily on your mind. A break from all the demands of life.
Trust sleep to take care of you! It won't let you down!