View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by CLR24 View Post
Hello
I am a moderator, on another Recovery website, but feel I should branch out a little. I have been sober for over a year and am enjoying every second of it. I started drinking in middle teens to curb social anxiety, little did I know it would consume me later in life. I stay connected to these sites to help me to remember where I came from. Many people relapse, because they start to believe after time they can moderate. I have no delusions of grandeur that I will ever be able to control myself with alcohol.
I am looking forward to giving advice as well as receiving it.

I feel like being here, has been a blessing. I found this forum after 2 wonderful years of sobriety. Being here and seeing other people at the start of their journey has reaffirmed for me, where I came from and is a reminder of how badly I dont ever want to go back. This has given me a chance to help other people who are struggling, while helping me to maintain my sobriety. I like it a lot.
I have no delusions that I will ever be able to moderate myself, I tried it many times in the past, and its not an option. Clear headed with an open mind and heart is the only way for me to live now. Even though I am doing great with my sobriety and dont ever have cravings (thank god), Its always good to be reminded where I was through other addicts posts. Welcome!