View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Jeni26

My day...my week....has been soooo stressful. My job is just impossible and I'm sure that's not just because I'm a perfectionist. There is just too much to do. I've had a couple of wobbly days but I'm pleased that I was able to go to my boss and speak about the unrealistic demands being made of me (I didn't get anywhere but at least I spoke up!). I miss working with the kids so much. I made a mistake leaving the classroom and going into management. Sorting out conflict, dealing with professionals, chairing meetings, becoming involved in child protection cases and managing personnel issues puts me so far out of my comfort zone it leads to some major anxiety. My skills are in working with kids, and there is honestly nothing that phases me with them no matter the complexities of their needs or the severity of their challenging behaviour ( they all have severe and complex learning difficulties). But God...managing adults behaviour....it is a whole new ball game!! I think I'm basically still a disaffected kid so I can relate better to like minded little people!!

Actually that turned into a bit of a rant sorry! It's Friday night and I'm exhausted...all will seem better after a good nights sleep.

I'm ok really. Got some family anxieties, it's Father's Day on Sunday in the UK and that brings its own issues.

All in all...nothing that I can't cope with.

I'm a badass after all xxx

Where did you go Bloss?