Thread: Checking in....
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
totfit
totfit

I would venture to guess most everyone has been in that situation. I have always found that prior planning prevents getting "pisssed" as the English would put it. I still have situations today that bring the drinking thinking on even though rationally drinking is an asinine choice for me. My wife and son are leaving town for the weekend and that brought on some background thinking. I had some very old "Antabuse" that I took for a short time years ago and took one of those the last couple of days just for some insurance and to nip it in the bud. Course there are lots of things other that I could have done, but I just did not want to leave an option open. The reality for me is that as long as I fill my time with productive activities drinking is never an issue. Some use AA and it offers great support, but the important thing is to just plan on doing "something" other than drinking. If all you do is make a plan not to drink, then there is nothing else to do, but drink. Make a plan for something else to do.