Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hayley86

You have made the decision that you want to stop and that's great!! You can get through the first day like myself and many other people on here who have managed to get sober. The thing that helped me initially was being very busy, minimise the amount of time you have on your hands to sit and think about drinking. Your drinking voice will tell you to drink, you have to learn to ignore it and shut it out. Go for a walk, talk to people, spend time outdoors doing something you enjoy, or spend time with friends or family just distract yourself. You say you finish work at noon and that's when you start thinking about drinking, this sounds like the more busy you are with more distractions the less you think about drinking so get busy. You could attend an AA meeting or speak to someone on the phone or there are always friendly people here in the same boat willing to listen and wishing you well. The more days you spend sober the easier it gets, you can do it keep posting on here and keep busy would be my best suggestions. Best of luck.