View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yurt

A bit of a sad note

It was an interesting evening. AH did fix a fantastic meal, but was well on his way by the time it was served. His latest ploy has been to have "family discussions" at the table. Our daughter and I usually dread these events because, saying the wrong think usually sets him off. Last night, the topic was gun control, and I stayed in the discussion, so our daughter could escape to her room and work on an assignment. Tonight, it was about sustainable energy. Now this wouldn't be awful, if he could speak intelligently on the subjects, or if we weren't waiting for the other shoe to drop.

After he was out on his chair, I went outside to read, and my daughter joined me. Her comment was, "Well that wasn't too bad tonight" (meaning there was no terrible upset). The comment made me very unhappy, and I told her that I hoped that she didn't think that that this was how she should expect her life to be when she is older and meets someone. I told her that she deserves better than "not too bad", that she deserves awesome (yea, I can hear everyone saying that I deserve it as well )

I did take that moment to talk to her about alateen, and we looked up an online chapter as well. Yesterday, I called a good friend who is the counselor at my daughter's high school, and told her that my daughter might be asking to see her professionally. After talking to my DD about it, she thought it might be a good thing. I left it in her hands, but she knows that support is available if she needs it.

Now I just have to get support for me. I missed the online alanon meeting that was scheduled for tonight, but they have one every Tuesday and Thursday. The problem is that it is scheduled for 7 pm my time and by then AH has already gone over to the dark side. When that happens, I have to wait until his is out (passed out).
I am feeling a bit morose; hoping tomorrow will be better. I have homework to do and it is difficult to concentrate when I am gloomy.
Thanks for listening (?)(reading)