View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
lessgravity

Originally Posted by lb2101 View Post
Really glad you posted this.. unfortunately I did the EXACT same thing. Decided I wanted to quit drinking at 30. Five years later realized that I NEEDED to quit because I was killing myself. Did an outpatient rehab.. group counseling 3x a week. Stayed sober for a while and then stopped going. Some time later I said, "Well, that's that. It was hard but no big deal. I can now have a drink once in a while like normal people do." That was last year. Now I'm 36 and drink a twelve pack every other day. Get drunk, wake up hung over. No booze for a day. Feel better the next day and do it all over again. I'm such a dumb ass.
It was easier before because I didn't really have withdrawal symptoms. Now I get a little shaky and have heart palpitations when not drinking. Do yourself a favor and don't drink. Have a hot dog and a soda at the game and laugh the whole way home that you just saved your own life.
Go Bruins!
And yes, today I made the decision to get sober. Again. Need to taper off for a few days, but should be off the booze completely by Monday. And now that I found this forum, I have some people to talk to when the demons return and I'll STAY SOBER this time.
I'm in the same boat. Tomorrow is going to be my Day 1. If it is yours as well then good luck!