View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lifebeginsat41

Hi - I was actually at a business dinner last night in another city - where usually I'd still be in the bar at 3am.

At the table there were 10 bottles of wine between 12 of us, and at one week in I didn't touch a drop. One person asked if I'd like some wine and I said 'No thanks - I need to be on top form tomorrow' their reply was how sensible I was - and how great I was at being able to easily refrain.

After the initial torture of smelling the wine I drank my OJ and then water and had a laugh and didn't think about it again until the man next to me said that he would be I'll with heartburn if he'd drank that much OJ - he had drank over a bottle of wine at this point. All I could think of was that (a) I wouldn't be making a fool of myself (b) there would be no accidents in my hotel room to be cleaned up (c) I could drive the next day without the risk of losing my license (d) the only people talking about me would be praising my behaviour.

Honestly it was a revalation. Did I want to be drinki the wine? Yes!! But I didn't.

Good luck and I hope the trip goes well for you.