Thread: Hanlon's Razor
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
miles72

Hanlon's Razor

Been a while since I've posted, but lurking regularly and feeling great about my life. Thanks to everyone for sharing; the support means a lot.

It's been seven months of strict NC with my AXGF and I've been focused on my own happiness with great success. Promoted at work, picked up a couple new hobbies, dusted off the piano and started playing again... Life is abundantly awesome! So of course....... she pops back up (how do they know?!?)

I received a package in the mail, no return address. It was a thoughtless but benign gift along with a note that was part congratulatory for the promotion (we work in the same industry) and part pointing out my flaws and blaming me for the breakup (she cheated, lied, and got caught). I started to get p***ed off until I remembered Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity (or in this case, alcoholism)

She's still drinking, she's still sick, and she won't get better until she seeks help. It's not intentional, it's just who she is. Thankfully, it has nothing to do with me.