View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
For years I was at 10-12 Beers a day. I'm currently down to a six pack, my goal is 3-4 a day, however I was just wondering:

Is 6 beers a day really all that bad?

I've always showed up for work, no domestic probs, no drinking-driving, etc. I just happen to be a guy that likes to watch TV after work, surf the net, and kill some beer on a daily basis sitting on the couch.
'

I dont mean to be discouraging, but the fact you are worrying about it is usually a sign its a problem. Anytime a chemical substance or its effect becomes a focal point in your life, then its a problem. I think we have all asked "is this really that bad" or made justifications to avoid having to give up drinking. You dread the though of living without it, as right now you consider it a "friend". Its not a friend, and as you carry on down the road, it will take of its mask and reveal just how wicked and evil it is.

Think of it like this. Chewing gum is something most people enjoy right? So with chewing gum, do you find yourself worrying how much of it you have at home? Does Chewing gum cause issues in your life that you aren't happy about? Do you worry how much chewing gum you chew daily? Do you get anxious when you run out of gum? Do people think you chew way to much gum, and when they mention this, does it anger you?NO. Because chewing gum isn't addictive. I bet you worry about all the things listed above in regards to alcohol though, right? That should tell you something right there.

I applaud you on your efforts to wean or cut down. For most people though, it just doesn't work. If we had long term control over alcohol, then we wouldn't be here. Sure, I had weeks and months where I was able to limit myself, but I always ended up in the SAME place, each and EVERY time. Have you asked yourself honestly, why having those beers every-night is so important to you? It might be a good place to start, but you have to be honest. Welcome to the forum, I wish you the best of luck.