Old 06-09-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Turnz505

back again to SR.. hanging by a thread, again.

hello, pretty ashamed it had to come to this. i broke my sobriety and caved into a beer.. a few weeks ago I think. That first beer was pretty good, only had one and called it a night.. Next night that one didn't do it for me and the craving took over. A few nights later I was buying tall cans and and sipping whiskey.. a few nights ago I ran off trail, drunk, got lost in the alaskan wilderness, drunk, with only some water and a few beers.

so, after bushwhacking through thorns and bear country for five to six miles i got rescued by rafters on the side of a river. I am working in a wilderness lodge on the edge of a very small town in Alaska so everyone knows about the drunk kid from lower 48, and the lead raft guide knows my boss. I got chewed out by management at my job and the line has been drawn- if I drink anywhere on property I lose my job and after my beer and whiskey binge I don't even have the money to get to anchorage let alone the lower 48.. So its time to quit I guess, now or never.. I'm pretty ashamed that it always has to come to this for me to quit but maybe it's just what I need