Thread: Where to turn?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
wiscsober

Welcome! Using is no longer a choice. Sobriety becomes a way of life. As many posted here.

Addiction is a powerful illness...one that I can not recover from alone.

I don't take the view anymore, I had, that a program or rehab "worked for me." I had to go beyond attending meetings or classes, and start helping another person who wants to recover, and in choosing AA I had to work the steps.

I'm on anti-depressants...I can't say they work for me if I'm not eating right, sleeping good, getting exercise, sharing with other people with depression...etc...

I just can't show up at AA and expect sobriety, and when I relapse think, "well AA hasn't worked for me, so I'll try something else maybe another rehab...well that didn't work for me so I'll just drink and use...I am hopeless..."

And also I really can't say rehabs, AA, NA, worked for me if I merely put down the drug and only attended meetings or classes.

Sobriety and clean time is hard work...but makes living so much simpler.

Putting down the drink and detoxing...seek medical help....I have many times and many of us have...again we are dealing with a serious illness that can cause major medical problems.
Best to you...you can recover just like anyone else can