Old 06-09-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KKE

I used to try to get my partners family involved in helping him to stop drinking. To the point where I was almost obsessional about it. I'd ring his mum 2-3 times a week with updates, she would listen and make the right noises at the right time but was completely ineffective. Then one day I thought "mmmm if I leave it how long will it take her to call me?". I heard nothing for 8 weeks and in the end my mum told me to call her just to say hi as it looked rude on my part.

His sister I can't stand anyway and her not bothering just gave me fuel to dislike her even more. Something more i could slag her off for.

Recently I realised a few things. I wasn't looking for help for him it was actually a cry for help on my part. Even if they had bothered, they wouldn't have been able to do anything about his drinking, I just would've felt supported if they had. I need to stop turning to his family for support and look to my friends and family because in the end they will always be on his side and back him because they are his family and that's how it works.