Thread: Day 10 check in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Acheleus

Well the exercise thing is helping me more than anything else has ever helped me. I have been running/walking two hours twice a day: once in the day time and once at night. So I know at some point I will be offered something, and all I can say is I have to be vigilant and cement it in my head that I am a non drinker and non smoker. We are all individuals, and no one thing or plan is going to fit all people, but the longer I stay sober the more I learn about my self, and each time I try to get sober the more I learn about how difficult it is and how fragile sobriety is all the time. But I am responsible for my own life, and I have to find new social things to do besides going to bars, so I am taking a language class this summer and planning on joining a yoga group or photography class or something. I might go to church in the morning, I went one Sunday when I was trying to get sober in January. It just sucks because I am alone all the time, I don't have any friends, I am a grad student in a college town and I didn't make any friends with people in my department, but that is probably because people thought I was an ass hole. So long term plan? In all honesty I am taking it day by day, and hour by hour on bad days like yesterday and the latter part of today. I am not smoking, not drinking, exercising after months of just walking to class, and I am not drinking soda or eating fast food. All these changes at once are easier for me. In the past I would continue smoking while not drinking, but the cigarettes just made me want to drink.