View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
GnarlyWoman

I have custody of my granddaughter. Initially the court ordered visitation was supposed to be once a week in my home at my discretion. But after a few incidents, I spoke with the Guardian Ad Litem for the baby. She gave me the leeway to decline or move the visitations to a public place. Not that it matters. Drugs have ruled that whole mess, visitations were non existent. My heart broke for the baby on that first scheduled Saturday - they were no shows. That set quite the pattern for hit and miss visitaiton.

Since going into rehab and recovery, my daughter has seen her on a regular basis. But not him. And offers have been made, I tried to reach out. But not if he's high, and no where that isn't public.

The child's dad is not used to anyone saying no to him. He also tries to use her as a pawn when he doesn't like something that you do.

During my daughter's time in Detox, he's furious with me because I won't back down from my stance about him seeking help elsewhere. In one text exchange he says to me "Well fine, if you aren't going to let me do this then I'm going to get a ride to come have my visitation with my child tomorrow". I told him "No". And then he says "You are denying my court ordered visitation?" I told him "Court ordered isn't at your convenience."

He asks me again, if I'm denying him. I say "yep. Take me to court". Where her safety and well being is concerned, I'm not playing. Dance or no, I'll stomp on his toe and move to the next song.