View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 06:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
WNY Addict
Just For Today

Hey KK

Glad you're here, and glad you recognize that you have a problem.

I suggest seeking out some local NA meetings. Get yourself a basic text, and just go hit some meetings. Listen to what people have to say. I'm the most stubborn, hardheaded type of person you're ever going to meet, but I eventually made my way to NA. I spent a lot of time in denial. Not denial that I had a drug problem, but denial that I needed help. I figured I was a smart guy, I had a nice degree on the wall, I was good at what I did for a living (very stressful job).

I was wrong.

What I needed to do (and couldn't) was simply the easiest thing there was..... shut up and listen to people that were living clean.

I tried tramadol in the past for kicks, but it didn't do anything for me. I am an IV opiate addict..... and that addiction started out with simple light prescription opiates like T&C#3 or darvon.

I've taken care of tramadol abusers at work, and I know of two (of the few I've seen) that've required craniotomies due to head bleeds. Very dangerous stuff according to the neurosurgeon we work with.

You've recognized you have a problem, so please, go to some meetings and keep going back!

God Bless