View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
newhope01

Things Took a Turn for the Worst

I relapsed yesterday after having a good amount of sobriety under my belt and consumed two bottles of wine. I went to bed at a decent time and woke up feeling a little "off." I brushed off the confusion contributing it to my prior binge and proceeded to work feeling awful about my relapse.

During my long commute, I suddenly started feeling weird... My legs began to tingle and then feel heavy like lead. Then my arms began to tingle and my muscles began to feel rigid. I frantically pulled over and was barely able to do so. I frantically tried to call 911 but I lost control of my left hand. It completely seized into a fist and I couldn't stop convulsing. I had realized my brain had lost communication with my muscles and it hit me, I'm having a seizure. It was short lived and I had tremors for a good 3 hours afterward but its subsided now.

It was absolutely terrifying and am currently overwhelmed with feelings of shame. Don't know why I tried to "experiment" with my sobriety. Its not like I didn't know any better deep down. Its not like I haven't read threads from others here describing what had happened to them when they tried to control their drinking. In fact, that is the main reason why I am posting this experience, so that others can see what happened to me after just one night of binging; Its just not worth it.