Old 06-06-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wolfpackfan45

I totally relate to the anxiety over Drs. I used to work myself up before even calling to make the appt. Was actually even afraid to call. Then I'd worry about what "might" be wrong with me and have anxiety over that. It's a vicious cycle. It's anxiety talking. Don't fall for it. Force yourself to make an appointment, try to keep your mind off of it until you go. When you get to the Dr. tell them you have a lot of anxiety about Drs and medical stuff. They've seen it with patients before (my daughter is a physician and sees it all the time) and they can help you get through it. I found out this summer my mom had colon cancer ,which is what my dad died of. I had to have a colonoscopy done asap. I hate Drs. too but forced myself to go despite the fact that I panic when I go near a Dr's office. I was convinced I had the same cancer too because I was years beyond the time when I should have had the test done. Worried myself sick. I did it and it wasn't bad at all. I was cancer free ,and now I don't have to worry. I'll definitely go back for the next test just so I won't have to worry. Go and get whatever you need done so you won't have to worry anymore. You can do it. If I can, you can. Believe me.