Old 06-06-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
360shoes

Hi Jazz,
I had such a mess and still have several to clean up. I remember being paralyzed on what to do to get out from under the weight of it all. I knew if I didn't do something I risked being right back where I started.

I wrote them all down. Every rotten thing. Then I collapsed with hopelessness that I would never get them squared away. Then I broke them down in to something I could attempt to manage and put them in buckets. Things I could face, things I maybe could face, and things I just wasn't ready to face. I started with the easiest. When I did a few, I found out I didn't melt into a puddle of goo. I felt a little better. I got a few under my belt and then started on the harder ones.

I'm not through them all yet but the list is shorter and not as scary anymore. I had to do something even if it wasn't perfect.

If I don't drink I don't create new ones to this list. If I keep working on the list they will eventually be resolved. Someday all I will have is just the difficult stuff of life everyone gets. That sounds okay to me.

Since I was a player creating them I have to be a player in cleaning them up. No way around it for me.

Everybody makes mistakes. I figure I might as well practice being good at solving them starting with the ones that I did when I wasn't at my best.

Just think how good we will be working on just the ones that are part of life when we are at our best???