View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
unsureoffuture

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
4MB,

I've been ready for quite some time - in my head the marriage is dead and gone. However, and it's a big 'however', there is the question of custody, and I want it all. And that's why I believe I need more proof and more documentation of her actions before I move forward.

I know I will leave at some point, and when God decides when that point is, I'll be ready. I'm a planner, I need to have a plan - that's why I'm having these consults, that's why I'm figuring out what my options are. I know that everything can't be planned out, but I need to be closer than I am now.

I thank you all for your support.

C-OH Dad
I feel the same about my marriage. That little voice in my head has been telling me "its over" and "you need to get out" for years. In my head and heart I feel he is not going to be able to stay sober longterm and I know I will be leaving eventually. But what is best for the kids is trying to give their dad a chance to get sober so at least for the future when he does have visitation there is a chance he will still be sober. I have ignored the problem for many years and only confronted him once a few years ago about it. This will be my final ultimatum and then I am ready to move forward and make the necessary changes.