View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by daddoo View Post
I've enjoyed reading your posts everyone. I'm almost six weeks sober. Went to Hawaii for a week with my daughter and didnt have one drink. I'm back one day and I really want to go next door to the pub for a pint of Guinness. Still feel mentally like ****. Don't like the shame associated with this either. It's a constant fight. Worst when I'm alone. Thanks for your encouraging stories. I just can't see making it with a slip or relapse whatever you want to call it. Kind of want to get it over with. That's where I'm at pretty much every day. Can't say I feel any pride for the six weeks either. Depressing.
Well you should feel pride, and the fact you dont worries me a little. What are some things you enjoy doing or take joy in besides drinking? I think you need to dive into something to establish some joy in your life. Something that will deter you from alcoholism and take your mind off it. I wish I knew more about you so I could offer some better advice, but it sounds like you need a passion.