View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all.

My Beast has been nasty today. It's been trying its best weapon against me - negative self-talk.

It took me some time to recover. I've been in blue mood all day long.

My beast fights against my dreams and goals.

I wasn't perfect today. But still I didn't go on binge, I curbed my cravings and stopped. Actually, I re-red my big plan and stopped. It's been always extremely hard for me - I either completely stay away from cookies or eat them up to the last crumb. But today I just had some, and stopped.

My yesterday's binge is hanging right on my belly. Damn.

It's still hard to focus on one day at a time. I have to set strict borderlines so negative thinking doesn't contaminate the entire day, at least.

Focus on positive. Ok, why don't encourage myself the way I often do if someone slips on the recovery road.

I've had 16 binge-free days vs. just one yesterday. If it was 17-round boxing fight I would still be a winner.

Yes, I kind of relaxed. I've been doing well - light on feet, defense is not bad, I know most of the tricks which my adversary uses. I forgot that I should be vigilant all the time.

And I missed a punch.

All of sudden I was on the ropes.

What in the world was that? How could I miss it? I feel so frustrated I am ready to cry.

The referee is approaching.

- Can you get up?
- Absolutely.
- I am counting. One.

I am angry.

Two.

I am on my feet.

Three.

It hurts.

Four.

My vision is still blurred with anger and tears.

Five.

My vision is getting clear again.

Six.

I need some ice to put against my bruise.

Seven.

I am taking a deep breath.

Eight.

Another deep breath.

Nine.

I am ready to fight again.

Gong!

Jeni - you beast sounds just like mine some time ago. Kudos to you on curbing it! I am glad you are calmer now. And I can tell you sound so confident in your posts! You seem to like exercising as well. Real badass!

Bloss - you are so right that we should treat ourselves as we would treat another. I think I would never say anything even close to that I am telling myself. Thank you for reminding this!

Have a great day, pals)

See you later.