Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
I feel like I'm losing my focus on recovery. I'm feeling distant from and a bit resentful of the people who are involved in my recovery, feeling like an outsider again. No particular reason. I keep thinking I've made a big deal out of nothing and no one really cares about my situation anyway, so why not drink? I try to redirect my thinking to stay focused on recovery, but it's hard, and I don't want to reach out, I want to isolate myself. Is this a normal phase? I hope I can get through it, it's hard. I don't even want to post here but I know I should stay connected. So there it is.

You are letting other people effect your own sobriety. Did you get sober for YOU or did you do it for other people? So what if you arent getting a ton of attention from other people? You arent a little child and this whole sobriety thing is something you have to want and do for you, often times on your own with little or no support. Dont expect others to give a rats @ss about what it is your going through, because people wont for the most part. Its a fact of life. If you can find some support, then run with it, but dont expect it. Either you want to drink or you dont, no one can make that choice but you. There are many phases to this and each one WILL pass, but you have to be patient and good to yourself.