View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fandy

Good Morning
I fell somewhere in between perfect life and depression. Alcohol leeched into me when i ended a LTR with his own gambling addiction issues and i was watching my mother die....i still remember that awful time, but i saw light at the end of the tunnel....life still throws some whammys at me, (work issues have been going on for18 months with a huge merger, i work in state govt). But i find i am much more flexible and a whole lot calmer and logical when i am sober...the 2 years i have put into recovering my life are worth it.
I've changed my priorities, been forgiven by family, been helpful to them and my brother is no longer carrying my responsibilities...i came full circle to repair a 5 year rift with my adult daughter (who comes with her own full complete set of issues that need tissues).
I made a lot of slips, minibinges when i first decided to stop booze....also the sick day thing was used....but in your own mind you know the booze is keeping you trapped in this awful holding pattern, you are circling the drain...just because you can bounce back now, does not guarantee you will always do so.
You might wake up dead...(like the first Mr.Fandy...found by his mama dead in bed age 54).
Nons...it will come to you..be cauteous and remember how awful you feel.
Mag, welcome...
Hope you both have a great day too.

I am loving the precooked defatted bacon with cream cheese and sliced cumcumbers on 8 grain toast....how healthy is that?