Old 06-04-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kialua

You have an evil family. They are only interested in their own life and how anyone affects them. I had that as well. My mother never apologized for letting my Dad beat us, and my Dad never apologized to me either. He did apologize to my siblings, and it really helped them. But left them feeing superior to me because I wasn't on the same page as them. He actually wrote in treatment that it was all my fault for his drinking and behavior, me the 5th child, I don't think so! They blame me for being unforgiving. Which I am not, I forgave my parents long ago before my sibs ever thought about it. And had a cordial relationship with them my whole life. I just never emotionally connected with them because they never changed.

Anyway, some parents never want to own up and apologize. Only thinking of themselves and trying to guilt us. Please don't let them win. Forgive them if you want, but for you not for them. It won't matter to them in the least. But it can help you not be so affected by their evil doings in your life.