Thread: update
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

I spoke with my husbands doctor, he called the pharmacy and cancelled the prescription and had my husband flagged with all the pharmacies so no more narcotic meds.
Oh not a good choice at all. You don’t get the implications of that do you? You also don’t realize that if he isn’t done, and unless he made these choices himself odds are against him, do you…

He left the soctor and signes up for a detox program. He has to wait until tomorrow, he has a little meds left to last him the night but not what hes used to.
He said he would get clean on his own. I told him not in my house. He would have to do an out patient detox to be able to stay home. He agreed. We have an appt tomorrow morning.
Not we, he has an appointment tomorrow, hopefully he will get there. He is a big boy, grown man he can take care of himself.

What should I expect tonight. Will it be bad? He has about a quarter of the amount of meds he is used to taking.
No one can predict that, all I know is that wd is progressive like addiction is, each time you wd it gets worse and worse because. The brain doesn’t forget and it knows exactly what to do to cause you to go out and use. WD a wonderful incentive to use, not stop.

Im so scared of tonight. I am so proud of him. He admitted his problem, he actually said some truths.
I am not getting sucked in though.
You seem in way too deep.

I have to fill his methedone or suboxone ( I think thats what the doctore called the meds) prescription and give him the meds.
I sure hope no doctor put you in charge of giving out sub at all. Oh that is like a recipe for disaster. And not for anything I wouldn’t trust any doctor who would allow patients to first dose with sub at home at all. And just so you know you are not the medicine police, he needs to be the one to handle his medications under a doctors care.

He is not allowed to have money on hand aside from a little spending money and if anything goes missing from my home hes done.
Money policing will not help, if he wants to use he will. There is nothing you can do to stop that. Unless you are willing to let him go to find his own way. It tends to work best that way.

I have laid down the rules in exchange for my support.
HMMMM, there are no rules with chaos and insanity running the show.

Did I handle this right?
Personally I don’t think so, but then hey we all screwed it up before we realized we really didn’t have any control. That we couldn’t save anyone but ourselves.

What are you doing for you?
Where are your boundaries, including ones in which you draw a line in the sand and keep out of what isn't yours?