Old 06-04-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
awuh1
Sober Alcoholic

I know you are looking for support and please believe me when I say that I’m providing it. In order to do so I must point out peculiarity in your thinking (though this is not unusual for someone who is just beginning to learn about the programs and methods available).

You wrote on May 4th that “I really outdid myself last night. My friends and I went out to dinner and had plans to stay at a hotel and do a half marathon this morning. I thought I could manage a few drinks. This led to me drinking a lot and making a complete idiot out of myself.” Then 6 days later you wrote “I CAN control it in social settings”. This seems like a bit of a contradiction.

I point this out not to be “harsh” but to suggest that your thinking is not very clear right now (in early sobriety). Listen very carefully to what others are saying.

I have just one suggestion. Whatever method or program you decide to do … DO IT. Don’t just read about it or go to a few meetings. Work the program or method. That’s when you will get results.

You have my sincere best wishes. All the best to you.