Thread: Last Night
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

I'm so convinced I will never get over this and not meet anyone else and be happy that I just keep looking back to see what I could've done differently. Was it me? Was I the problem?

if you are convinced, that WILL be your reality. you will be a self fulfilling prophecy, and you will dwell and ruminate and be miserable.

you ask if it was you...well to a degree, maybe so! drinking was a priority for him. but something you would not tolerate and as you said, you berated him about it constantly. for the drinker, alcoholic, drug addict, someone constantly on our @ss about our consumption and behaviors becomes intolerable. he doesn't WANT to quit drinking, or isn't ready to and that is all there is to it.

just like no one can MAKE you get over this....no one can MAKE him do what he does not want to do.

he wasn't the one. you want a sober boyfriend? pick one who does NOT drink. we either accept people as they are....or we don't. there is always and exactly only ONE person we have the power to change....and that is ourselves.