View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CAPTAINZING2000
Psalm 118:24

Y Do We Do It??????????????????????????

DOGS BARK DRUNKS DRINK.

For some reason, this has taken me several attempts to post this. How do you plan to spend the holidays? Right now, there are a lot of blood drives going on. The Red Cross can use your blood. Do some volunteer work. Try and check with the hospital where you are, see if they can use anyone . Any charities in your home town needing volunteers?
Do you have any older relatives that would be glad to have someone do errends for them? How about older neighbors that you could check up on?

How well are you working this program? Do you use your sponser? Did you give your sponse a call before you went out?

How longs it been since you've made a gratitude list? Are you holding any resentments? Do you owe any one amends? Christmas is the best time to patch things up. Call your family and friends that you wont get to see over the holidays. tel them you love them. Make them feel better, it'll make you feel better.
Do you start your day off with prayer and meditation? I was such a self centered SOB I didn't think, God wanted anything to do with me. Faith is something you have to work at. Pray for God's will for you. Pray for the knowledge to do the right thing. That's why the serenity prayer is short and simlple use it all day long if you have to to.

Are you taking care of your self? Do you eat right, sleep right, do any exercising? Go get a makeover. Go shop and buy yourself a little something.

Do you call any one and ask them if they want to go to a meeting with you. Do you make coffee for the meeting pass out the readings etc.

Most important of all don't isolate, be with friends and family.

You can get through this a lot of us have gone through it when, we got sober. You're not alone we're here to support you