View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
UncleMeat69

Originally Posted by Joe Nerv View Post
While there are lots of things I'd like to (and could) say in response to Music's post, I shall take the high road and refrain. My favorite Jew is my wife, and I've learned that her experience is different than mine when it comes to PC BS (as Music calls it). I'll leave it at that.

As for my initial post, Clancy's Jewish comments didn't mean a whole lot to me, as I stated.... just thought they were odd. What totally blew me away was what I found when, ahem... well.... hmmm.... I did a search... and came up with clancy's guide to the steps. Found this:
STEP THREE: We made the decision that we needed to come under new management since our own management got us nowhere. So
we turn our wills and lives over to the care of our new manager -- Jesus. He will take care of us and manage our lives since we
admitted in Step 1 that our lives were unmanageable, and in Step 2, that He could restore us to a manageable state and sanity. At this point both of you get down on your knees… Both on knees, the sponsor says: "Jesus, this is ___(name)____, he is coming to You in
all humility to ask You to guide and direct him. ______(name)_____realizes that his life is messed up and unmanageable.
_____(name)_____ is coming to You Lord in all humility to ask to be one of your children -- to work for you, to serve and dedicate
his life to You and to turn his will and life over that he may be an instrument of Your love. Person repeats after sponsor: "Lord, I ask
that You guide and direct me, and that I have decided to turn my will and life over to You. To serve You and dedicate my life to You.
I ask all this in the name of Jesus Christ. I thank you Lord; I believe that if I ask this in prayer, I shall receive what I have asked for.
Thank you Jesus. Amen."
Looking for it again just now, I... uh... realized that didn't come from Clancy. Came from Clarence S, who popped up probably from a google typo. That's what became my introduction to Clancy. The Jewish jokes, then the above.

When we were wrong, promptly admitted it....

OK. Anyhow, the point of this thread had to do with the website and message of it. Not Clancy, but I've a feeling where this is about to go...
Thanks Joe. It makes more sense now as Clarence S. was definitely into Jesus.

Yeah, the website is rather odd IMO since it appears to be somewhat of a sounding board for AA bashers, yet it is not "in your face" talking points like some sites I have read.