Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by ruthhoney View Post
This really blew my self-esteem. I can't believe a man would deny wanting to date me and being interested in me.

Anyone can help me understand the recovering addict (9 moths) sober better?
Ruthhoney, let this one go. He is no prize worth renting space in your head any longer. Doesn't matter if he is currently sober or not. Doesn't matter what he did. You have an opportunity to move on and leave this as far behind you as you can. Take it!

You see, obsessing about it and trying to understand irrational behavior is a complete waste of time. You will never understand, nor will it ever make sense. It's irrational!

It is your choice to let it be a blow to your self-esteem. It doesn't have to be. Rather than look at it that way, how about re-framing it into a learning lesson? Take the opportunity to read some books about dating, men, and relationships. I'd recommend first and foremost "10 Stupid Things Women Do To Mess Up Their Lives" by Dr. Laura Schlessinger.

Dating and relationships are chancy. Sometimes we score and find the love of our lives. Sometimes we crash and burn. And no one promised me that dating would be easy. As a matter of fact, I've been warned again and again by very wise people that I will kiss a lot of frogs before I find my Prince Charming. And I've learned that the frogs are so much easier to identify when I feel confidence in my self-worth and ability to stand strong in my values and boundaries.

I've had a handful of dates over the last few months that ended when I stood firm on something - like not having sex on date #2, which seems to be quite popular these days - and you know what my attitude is about it? Good riddance! Play stupid games with me trying to manipulate me into doing something I don't believe in? Good riddance! Act wishy-washy? Bye-bye jerkface. Waste my time? So long...move along.

Your attitude and perspective can use an overhaul in regards to this situation. And its on you and only you to change that. It's one thing to be angry; its another thing entirely to waste one more second of this precious life worrying about losers.

Go find your Prince! He's out there, waiting for you, too. It's just not this guy.

Peace,
~T