View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pedro1234

I am so greatful

This weekend will be my 8th weekend of sobriety (OK everyone i am still counting. lol). I am noticing that i am not as worried nor as anxious about facing weekends as i was at the beginning. I have faced two social functions over the past 8 weeks that were difficult but i think that facing them has definitely made me stronger and even more determined to stay sober.
I have changed so much in such a short period of time. I am now living a life that was hidden, buried deep down. A life that was lost to me for 31 years. Lost somewhere where it was hazy, bleak and fortified.
I now have a clear life. I have time on my hands. Time to listen to my kids and wife. Time to think. Time to comprehend and make decisions (good decisions). Time to see (and enjoy) what is happening around me. An abundance of sober time filled with reality.
I have so much to make up for and i have now been given back this wonderful gift of time.
I am so greatful that i have been able to regain control of my life. Have a great day eveyone