Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
pattyj

I was a heavy binge drinker as well so I didn't lose the calorie intake like the daily drinkers did.
I binged on ice cream for the first two weeks when I quit. About a pint of ben and jerry's every night after dinner. We lose that sugar intake when we quit drinking so our body craves it. I now eat lollipops, hard candies and jelly belly jelly beans.
I am also very hungry as well so I eat 3 very solid meals and 2 snacks every day whether I am hungry or not just to keep my body's metabolism up. I don't have an exercise plan besides walking a couple times a week with my dogs and in between meetings when it's nice outside.
I have lost 12 pounds since I quit drinking 45 days ago. I don't know if I gained a bunch when I first quit and ate all that ice cream but I have started to lose some.
I eat an apple every night for dessert. Doing so has made me very 'regular' and seems to be helping with the weight loss.
I also take a green tea supplement. I take it because it has great antioxidents for your body and brain. My counselor in IOP showed us this movie about good brain foods and all the crap that alcohol does to your brain. I hate to drink green tea so I opted for a supplement. It's not a diet pill at all, it only contains green tea and a little caffine.
It seems to be working for me.