View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by incitingsilence View Post
He lied, but then so did I. He would tell of a relapse, would tell he was using. I got more truth not reacting and taking care of myself then I did when I was all nut job codie. But that has been my experience. What was really weird there was this point where I didn’t need him to give me answers anymore, but he needed to speak. He on any given day couldn’t remember what he did the day before but he somehow remembered the questions I had asked in my more sick moments. I would say but I don’t need to know anymore nor do I want to know and he would say but I have to share.

I find the fixation on the lies so interesting.

Lying it is learned behavior?

The lies are necessary at times to protect the addiction, but also in the head of the one lying at times they need to believe that lie as much as they need to one they are telling it too.

How many brought them lies knowing they were?
And can you see where the lies show a truth?

And at times does the truth mean a damn thing? This is where the taught to lie comes in, because if the reaction is going to be the same old same old chaos and accusations and you aren’t going to be believed why the hell just not use. I was taught to be a liar in some respect, it really didn’t matter what I said, the one reacting to me needed to react and was going to matter what I said. I learned it really wasn’t about me, I was just to easy a reason why….
I understand your point but it also implies we have control over someone's addiction or usage. However, I do believe we can contribute to it though. Also, in many ways, I can understand why my husband didn't want to tell me the truth. He knew how I was going to react. I had shaming down to a science!!

Cheaters use the same excuse too......sorry but i don't buy into it. none of us are that powerful to cause some one to cheat on us.